The Lost Country
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
General Submission Guidlines
- We accept rolling submissions. But please refer to our website for our issue deadline.
We accept the following file types:
- Word Documents (.doc/.docx files)
- Rich Text Format (.rtf files)
- Text (.txt files)
- Portable Document Format (.pdf files)
- Open Document Text (.odt files)
- We discourage submission of previously published works (although we may allow them if the circumstances warrant). We do accept works submitted simultaneously to other publications. The author is required to inform the Editors if a work submitted was selected for publication elsewhere.
- We read and consider all submissions that meet the guidelines. You will be informed by e-mail within four weeks of the final deadline whether or not your work(s) were chosen for publication. This may or may not be accompanied by any criticism or explanation of the selection committee’s decision.
- All submissions must be formatted exactly as the author wishes them to be published, including: capitalization, punctuation, line breaks, indentations, etc.
- Upon acceptance, the editors reserve the right to suggest changes, especially typographical, conformity with which will determine whether the work will be published.
- The selections committee may determine to publish a work in a subsequent issue of the journal. If this decision is made we will inform you, and you may choose to decline.
- Please include a one-paragraph, approximately 50 to 100 word note about yourself, including any of your academic and/or professional credentials you would like to supply. Some personal information is acceptable, but please refrain from including a profuse amount of intimate personal details. Upon acceptance, these will be published in the journal in the “Notes on the Contributors” section.
- Each published author will receive a free contributor copy of the journal. Non-US authors may be asked to pay the cost of shipping to receive their free issue.
- All works accepted will be published online (ISSN 2326-5310) and in Print (ISSN 2326-5302). All rights revert to the author upon publication.
- The Lost Country does not grant monetary awards for publication at this time.
- The length restrictions for all genres below should be considered rough guidelines for what we’re looking to publish. For example, if you were to submit a poem of 157 lines, we may still read and consider it; however, anything radically under or over the limitations will not be considered.